September 17, 2009

"The Vampire Diaries" 1.01- Pilot Review

Now this is a show I know I will love this season. From the very first episode, I knew the CW had another classic hit series. With an amazing 4.84 million viewers tuning in for the premiere, I was genuinely pleased I watched it as soon as I could. The very first scene was filled with horror, and something Supernatural has been lacking lately. It immediately drew me in, and it's one of my favourite Pilot episodes of every show I watch.
.
The character of Elena is someone I can identify with, she is amazingly acted and easily likeable. Her friend, Bonnie, is also a great character, someone I am intrigued about, especially that freaky moment in the Pilot when she grabbed the bottle and had that vision thing and it kind of freaked me out- I LOVED IT! And finally, a male character I like. It's rare for me to really like male characters, and besides Dean Winchester, I really like Stefan, he seems very protective of Elena.
.
Damon is a strange character, but very exciting to watch him develop. He seems to be a great villain and he will definetly generate more scary scenes in upcoming episodes, and it's strange because even though Ian Somerhalder played Boone in Lost, he kind of looks really different when playing Damon, and sounds quite different too, he definetly makes the character his own, bravo!
.
A series I will be watching every week til its finale, I recommend new fans to watch for sure, it's completely breath-taking.

1 comment:

  1. I'm agreeing with you here, what a great episode it was, can't wait to see what else they have in store for us

    ReplyDelete