September 12, 2009

"Melrose Place" (2009) 1.01- Pilot Review

While Melrose Place may never ever be my favourite show, I can safely say I did enjoy the pilot episode. The mystery is intriguing and some of the characters are likeable, though I keep forgetting their names, it takes me a while to remember names in various television shows, so I'll mainly talk about the show in general.
.
I've never seen the original Melrose Place, though after watching the pilot of this show, it does make me want to watch the original series. It will take me a while to watch it though as I am swamped with other television shows to watch, new and old, and even lots of shows to catch up on, such as the CSI series and Beverly Hills, 90210.
.
Riley, so far, is my favourite character, though Ella is definetly a strong character who I take a liking too. I don't know why but with every show I always like the female characters more than the male characters, I guess the writers just make the females more likeable for some reason.
.
The story was good, and I am really excited about the mystery, and I know I will be drawin in for the rest of the series as I love 'Whodunit' types of thing so this will be a series worth watching for me. Unfortunatly, the series only premiered with 2.30 million viewers, so I hope viewership picks up as the episodes go along.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, I know what you mean, the viewers are too low, they are usually higher for CW shows during the first few weeks because all the major ABC and CBS shows aren't on.

    MP was a good episode, hopefully the viewers go up

    ReplyDelete