September 23, 2009

"Supernatural" 5.02 Review

I definetly loved this episode a lot more than the premiere, though both episodes were perfect in my opinion (though Episode 1 could have done with much improvement). Again, with Supernatural, it steps up its game every episode that passes, or so far, so I hope this continues.
.
I am glad Castiel wasn't in the episode much, he is beginning to grate on me with his "holier than thou" routine and "look at my higher status" attitude. He has a face I just wanna slap and is turning into Eli James 2.0 if he doesn't learn how to smile at least once. I was looking forward to seeing Jo and Elle in this episode, as I liked both, and missed them also. The storyline was captivating, with Sam and Dean having to go to a derelict town where people seem to be going demented and turning against each other. Turns out one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse is making people think who they are looking at are demons. Great!
.
The ending shocked me quite a bit, as small as it was, I was actually astonished that the brothers are going their separate ways. Even though they have been at each other's throats for a while now, it's still quite hard to imagine a brotherly bond like theirs has stretched to the point where it's snapped. I do hope they are reunited, mainly for the fact that I hear Dean will be teaming up with Castiel in Episode 3, and that would mean more Castiel :( The joy! I am really not looking forward to that.
.
Negative! Why the hell do the creative team not think of something good for a change? I mean really, the War Horseman of the Apocolypse looks like EVERYTHING else in the show - human! Demons look like humans, Angels look like humans, and now the Horseman of the Apocolypse? I mean really! Has their budget been cut to the point that the show doesn't have any supernatural look to it at all? Are they going to just stick bad guys in clothes and throw them on set? Change this please, and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment