September 17, 2009

"One Tree Hill" 7.01 Review

Watching One Tree Hill without Peyton and Lucas made me realize- the show will not make it past Season 7. Besides P and L not being in the episode, or the rest of the series, the show has got quite boring, and both Hilarie Burton and Chad Michael Murray got out just in time to save themselves the effort, there was no point in making a 7th season. There is little to no drama, and it's become way too dream-oriented.
.
There are only so many times I can watch an episode without throwing something at the screen because someone is singing. This episode it was Haley, and though I love Haley, I am sick to death of hearing singing in every single episode from Season 5 onwards. And you could totally tell she was lip-synching.
.
Brooke was always always my favourite character ever since Season 1, but with Julian, she is so... boring. She's lost that spark she had a few seasons ago and now she has just fizzled into a dull character. The best character in the episode? Millicent! And she was only in it for a total of about 2 minutes! James Lafferty's acting is getting wooden, and the whole basketball thing is just getting right on my nerves, I genuinely think the writers are struggling with writing for the show- please don't make a Season 8 unless P and L come back!
.
Not the worst episode in the whole series, and it was an okay episode, and it did have its moments, but on a whole I don't think it could survive past this season, and I expect the ratings to drop fast. Could have been worse, could have been better, nonetheless, I will still watch the rest of the season to see what it has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not bothering to even watch it, I'm tired of the singing too and the show is being dragged out too much and is getting boring

    ReplyDelete