September 24, 2009

"Cougar Town" 1.01 Pilot Review

Well I enjoyed it. I love Courtney Cox, so I kept my mind open when watching the Pilot, and let me tell you something, it sure was random. And I really like random, and comedies, so random comedy put together.
.
I wouldn't say this is better than Friends, I wouldn't go that far, but the show does have a lot of promise and I need to watch a few more episodes before I get an opinion on this show. There were moments that were funny, and moments that were trying too hard to be funny, and you may have seen the idea of that joke somewhere else before. But all in all, not bad for a new comedy.
.
The characters seem very likeable, yet I doubt we will get depth from them any time soon. The random storyline that I liked the most was the billboard sign that Jules had made for her realty selling, though her friend, Laurie, put quite a 'revealing' picture of her on it, insisting it was better than the one Jules originally picked out. I do hope more episodes have a bit more laughing moments in them before I fully call it a comedy.
.
Laurie seems to be the stereotypical dumb one, yet I seem to like her. Jules is probably likeable from the get-go so that's a bonus for sure. I am excited to see more of this, but as I said, I need to watch more episodes to fully grasp what I think of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment