September 12, 2009

"90210" 2.01- To New Beginnings Review


After watching the finale of Season 1 for "90210", I was left hooked. I really didn't expect that 90210 would fall into my good graces, but left with the cliffhanger of who Annie ran over made me want to watch the Season 2 premiere episode, and even the Annie v Naomi storyline is something I looked forward to for the coming season. I have a feeling Season 2 will be the best season yet, and the premiere episode for the second season proved exactly why I thought that.
.
Though Annie is hardly in the episode as much as Naomi or Silver or Adriana, I found her character getting a sudden change from a happy-go-lucky girl to a dark and guarded lonely girl who can't seem to trust anyone, and I loved watching that contrast. Even though Naomi is a huge bitch, she is definetly one of the best bitches I've ever seen and I can't imagine the show without her, she is an anchor for it, and makes the show a lot more interesting.
.
Silver was quite funny in the episode also, especially with Naomi's and Silver's first meeting of the new guy, Teddy, who I don't really like to begin with. Silver and Dixon's relationship is on the rocks thanks to him telling Dixon about Silver and Ethan, but then again, I don't like Dixon, so Silver could do a lot better anyway. Then we have Adriana, who wasn't as much of a main as the others last season, but she rose to prominense in this episode as she interacted more with more of the cast, and she is truly a beautiful rose. Navid is okay, I don't really have much of an opinion about him, all he seems to want is sex, and it's kind of getting boring for him.
.
Naomi was probably the best in this episode, she was definetly featured a lot more than the others, and the ending with her finding that naked video of Annie on some boy's phone will make a great next episode, I just hope Naomi finds out that Annie did not sleep with Liam before she goes too far.
.
Overall, amazing return episode, gets a perfect 10 from me. It definetly deserved higher ratings than it got, which it got only 2.56 million viewers, americans, tune in!!

1 comment:

  1. I really loved his ep, It got a 10 from me too, amazing start to the season!! it deserves like 16 million viewers

    ReplyDelete