September 23, 2009

"One Tree Hill" 7.02 Review

Now this episode was much better than the premiere, and I mean by like 95%. It may not have done better in ratings, but it sure did better for me to put more belief into the show, hoping it will carry on. I still miss Peyton like crazy, but Peyton was mentioned (and even seen) a lot in this episode, so it was if she never left.
.
Brooke was much better this episode, and showed hints of the old Brooke for which I love. Her rants were quite funny to see, and I can see Brooke becoming a much better character in the near future. I think the show is relying more on comedy now though more than drama, as it is hardly dramatic anymore, but the comedy isn't necessarily a bad thing, and they even produced one of the best lines of the whole series- Haley: "Who's the bitch now, bitch".
.
I don't really care for Nathan, and I wouldn't mind if they wrote him out, but I guess because James Laffery doesn't have any career outside One Tree Hill, then he's sticking with the show. Him having to tell Haley about getting someone else pregnant, or at least what we're led to believe, finally showed some drama to the show. Rachel Gatina! She came back, and how pleased am I, they needed her to save this season I think, as she gave us some great moments, and great surprises- Dan's wife?! Can't wait to see how Nathan, Haley and Brooke react to that!
.
Skills was alright in the episode, I usually don't like him, but he was admittedly funny this episode. Millicent was also one of the stars of the show this episode, couldn't help but love her loads. Julian was also okay this episode, he was a bit too moody though- brighten up!
.
So far, it's turning out to be a promising season, though I crave a Peyton return.

No comments:

Post a Comment