September 24, 2009

"Eastwick" 1.01 Pilot Review

Aaaaahhhhh!!! I have been waiting sooo long for this show to start that I even stayed up until 5am to watch this remarkable show. Rewatching promos and previews of the show, I was absolutely gagging to watch the Pilot, and now I finally watched it and I LOVED it!
.
Even though the show has been getting generally mixed reviews from several critics, from the very first minute I was drawn into the show and fell under the spell of the main women. I love how the Pilot episode just never stopped, it kept going and going and there wasn't one dull moment in it.
.
Roxie was introduced first, so I will begin with my opinions on her. I really love Roxie, she is fiesty, a mother I'm sure loads of kids would love to have her as their mother, fun, hip and sexy. I especially find her 'romance' with Darryl quite funny, as she herself doesn't know what she wants. She is quite stubborn, a little like me, and just a pleasure to watch. She was compared to by Susan Mayer a lot by critics, but Susan is my favourite character in Desperate Housewives, and I would say Roxie is very different.
.
I am torn between my favourite either being Roxie or Joanna. Joanna is the nerdy but loveable woman who works at the local newspaper and has a thing for Will, but has great difficulty telling him her real feelings, or even telling him anything that makes sense because she really gets nervous around him and ends up saying something very inappropriate, which is hilarious to watch.
.
Last up is Kat, a mother of five, I think it was five anyways, who is married to a complete and utter jerk. Honestly, I think Maggie Friedman was trying to get us to hate Raymond with all our hearts and make us feel compassion for Kat, and to tell you the truth it kind of worked. While Kat is the more serious one, she is just trying to burst out her bubble and have fun, but is constantly squashed by her horrible husband. I do hope she gets that divorce.
.
And now Darryl. He is quite a charmer for the ladies, and since this show is only partly based on the film, but more so the books too, I will not compare Paul Gross to Jack Nicholson. While Jack did an amazing job as Darryl in the film, I was very pleased to see Paul do just as good in the television adaption. He had all the spunk that the original Darryl had and I am sure he will continue to be this way throughout.
.
This show is like Charmed meets Desperate Housewives, and I simply adored the Pilot episode, it had all the elements of a successful television comedy that was just simply funny and serious at the same time. I am excited to watch more episodes because I am beginning to think this show may become my all-time favourite! Let's just hope the ratings held up, it deserves a large rating!

1 comment:

  1. This really makes me want to watch this show. I've had the first three episodes saved for weeks now, so I think after reading this, it's time to give them a watch.

    ReplyDelete