September 17, 2009

"Supernatural" 5.01- Sympathy for the Devil Review

Supernatural ended last season with a great cliffhanger- Lucifer Rising! They had an amazing concept and I was soo excited for Season 5. Even though I loved, loved, loved the episode, "Sympathy for the Devil" was a little disappointing. I wasn't very disappointed, and I still gave the episode a 10, there was just a few things I realized while watching.
.
The show is called Supernatural? There isn't anything supernatural about it anymore. We've had the Angels storyline for a year now, and it's getting old and boring. There is nothing creative about Supernatural, as every single Angel looks like a human, and now the Devil does- where is the creativity in that? Demons and Angels look exactly the same, and the only difference is Demons sometimes get black eyes- wow! The show isn't scary anymore either, it's relying too heavily on Dean's sarcasm as comedy for the show to still be successful- I want the scares back.
.
The episode was great, no doubt about it, and I got a surprise when Bobby attacked Dean, so I was glad that happened. I did feel a little sorry for Sam since he was the one who made Lillith die and opened Hell, but it was by accident, so I can't really blame him too much.

1 comment:

  1. Aww I'm not too bothered about the devil not looking like the devil, I'm okay with him using a human body, it isnt exactly creative but I like where the story is going now

    ReplyDelete