June 29, 2009

Harper's Island 1x11- Splash


One of the best television episodes ever. I really mean it, it was so emotional, it actually had me tearing up. I could not believe my eyes when one of the most tragic things ever happened on the show. It's really making Harper's Island a favourite, and this episode really deserves to be there. Honestly, I have never been so sad before, and I thought Prue Halliwell's funeral from Charmed was emotional, if I watch the last few scenes of this episode again I will actually cry.
.
To tell you the truth, I have never cried in like 2 years, I just literally can't get myself to cry, I would love to cry and let it all out, but my body just won't let me lol wierd. But this episode is making me cry, and I urge people to watch the series, because it is shining.
.
Don't read ahead if you don't want to be spoiled. Unfortunatly, I spoilt the episode for myself before I watched it, I just had to go on Wikipedia and look at the death chart to see that my favourite character and the love of her life both die in this episode. Chloe + Cal are the best television couple ever, next to Melinda and Jim. There is nothing more sad than watching your soon-to-be husband get killed.
.
The one scene I will focus on is their death scene, because that single scene turned Harper's Island into one of the best shows in my opinion. The music was tear-worthy when this all happened, like I am listening to it now and it just makes me tear up. The last few minutes of the episode have Shea finding out there is a second killer, who seems to be Jimmy, who is currently with Trish in a car and he looks at her with an evil look, attempting to steal her gun as she sleeps, but she wakes up, the future isn't looking good for her.
.
Chloe was kidnapped by Wakefield, the killer, and locked in a drain, and Cal, Abby and Henry go looking for her in the woods, as Wakefield makes an appearance and Abby and Henry attempt to distract him as Cal goes to look for Chloe. He finally finds her and lets her out, and asks her to be his wife, in which she replies "yes" and they share a brief intimate moment, which is ruined by Wakefield himself. Cal and Chloe run down the bridge, which has been blocked in the middle, and Cal tells Chloe to climb around, and she gets halfway until Wakefield makes his way to him, and Cal tells Chloe that he loves her. It is just so sad, and so emotional, the most emotional in television history.
.
Cal tries to protect himself from Wakefield, but unfortunatly Chloe has to watch as Wakefield drives a boarding knife into Cal's chest, and he looks at her, hoping she would get fully around and escape Wakefield before being thrown over the side. The music hear is so sad, its "Letters From the Sky" by Civil Twilight, honestly, it just sets the scene up beautifully.
.
Then, Chloe screams and cries as she sees her lover falling into the water. She sees him floating, and looks at Wakefield for a few seconds of silence, before she says "You Can't Have Me". And Oh My God, she lets go, and lets herself fall into the river, which the bridge was very high up, and she lands in the river, floating at the top right next to her deceased fiance.
.
Really, I will not get over this for years, they so should have done something like this for Edie Britt in Desperate Housewives, now that would have been a much better send-off for her. But Chloe is just amazing, I am so so sad she is gone from the show now, I will really miss her.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this episode so much and I have never cried over Harper's Island deaths untill Chloe and Cal's!

    (Charmbracelet from Mel&Jim Forum :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charmbracelet, thanks for commenting, Omg I know, it was just a sad and sweet in a morbid way how they died together, as they wanted to spend their lives together. Poor Cal and Chloe, love em.

    ReplyDelete