June 11, 2009

Supernatural 4.22- Lucifer Rising

Now this was a season finale worth waiting for.

I began watching Supernatural over a year now and it has grown to be one of my favourite television shows of all time as I love horror stuff and urban legends and what Supernatural is basically all about. It's like a darker version of Charmed but instead of 3 sisters there are 2 brothers fighting evil.

I love the name for starters, it like connects with the first episode of the season (Lazarus Rising). The whole season [four] has been building up to this, and I loved the whole 666 seals but only 66 have to be broken and it seems like an impossible mission. There is one seal left, and Sam doesn't know what it is.

The fight between Sam and Dean in the previous episode was pretty intense, but it was quite good to see, now the brothers seem to be fighting each other as well as the evil that threaten their lives- Dean has sided with Castiel and the Angels, as Sam has sided with Ruby, a demon. I really was stunned to find that Ruby was actually manipulating Sam all this time to get him to break the final seal, and I preferred Katie Cassidy's portrayal of Ruby rather than Genevieve Cortese, but Genevieve is still a great actress.

I think the final shot could have been done better. What I was hoping for was the viewers to see Lucifer actually rise from Hell, looking all ugly and creepy and downright scary and saying a quirky witty line that symbolizes, of course, the apocolypse. Instead the screen went all white and that was the end of the season.

Cliffhangers have been quite weak for most shows this 2008-2009 television season. But overall, I loved the finale, and the whole season in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment