July 01, 2009

"Lost" Season Three Review

So I am still watching Lost all the way through, and I finished Season 3 a few days ago actually, right now I am onto Season 5, so before I get to reviewing that, I need to review Season 3. Now before I watched the series, I already knew what would be the fate of Charlie Pace, and Mr. Eko, so I wasn't at all surprised, I was actually quite happy that Charlie was going to die, but when it actually happened, I felt so sorry for him, I wanted to take it back.
.
One of the best things this season was the introduction of Juliet, an Other whose story gets revealed as the season goes on. I really like Juliet, and I loved when she asked Jack to kill Ben by using the video as a sneaky method of communication and so I am glad that she has been made a regular. Ben, hmm, at first I didn't like him, I wanted rid of him a long time ago, but that wasn't meant to be, and I was quite glad. He makes a great villain, he is very manipulative in getting everyone around him to do what he wants done, so that kind of cunning and evil makes quite the antagonist.
.
I loved a lot of the stories about the Others, however I thought the season was a little stretched and it kind of got dull a bit. I did love when Jack and Juliet returned to the camp, yet no one trusted Juliet at all. And I also loved the whole Desmond seeing into the future thing, that was great, and when he told Charlie that no matter what he did, Charlie was going to die. It really set up the season nicely.
.
One of the other best things was seeing Shannon come back for an episode, in the Nikki and Paulo centric episode half-way through the season. I was glad they included her. And also how Nikki and Paulo died was very wierd but intriguing and I wonder if the survivors will ever find out how they really died.
.
The finale was once again, amazing. The Looking Glass station was quite an eerie setting, and the series of events that happens there are very captivating, and I love Penny, so I was glad to see her on the computer screen. But then poor Charlie drowned, which was very sad since he did it to save Desmond from the same fate. Overall, the season wasn't the best, nor was it the worst, and I am definetly looking forward to finishing the series and finding out all the answers I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment