June 29, 2009

"Harper's Island" Episodes 5-10 Review


Harper's Island is an amazing series I have just decided. I can't believe the ratings it has been getting lately, because it really does deserve more than just 3 millions for the past few episodes, but that is probably down to it being aired on Global first and then on CBS, so the ratings would suffer.
.
Episode 5 was an amazing episode, and don't read ahead if you don't want to be spoiled. I loved the whole of it really, from when Trish and Thomas get stranded in the woods and then that scary man with a dog just showed up out of nowhere and set the dog on them, I was like "uh-oh, who the hell does he think he is?", but noneless it was great entertainment. I was shocked by the end, I didn't think Thomas would die so early, I would have thought that he would have lived a lot longer, maybe until episode 9 or 10, but not as early as 5. But oh well, it was a very dramatic scene, and it definetly began the whole awareness for the rest of them.
.
Episode 6 was just as good, and very emotional, because the actors and actresses do amazing jobs at crying and creating drama, and even comedy. Mourning Thomas was one of the saddest things on the show yet, bless him. The scene with Cal and Chloe in the bar when that man had found Cal's ring and proposed to his wife with it and Cal tells Chloe, and Chloe comes up with a sly plan to get it back, and it worked, she is amazing, I loved that scene, she was so funny, definetly what the show needed.
.
Episode 7 wasn't as good as the last 2, but it still packed a punch with everyone getting ready to go off the island, but then that Madison had to get kidnapped and so people couldn't go and that meant more people would die. I felt sorry for Malcolm, bless him, he was desperate for money and he needed it.
.
Episode 8 was okay too, it wasn't the best, but it definetly had a lot of good scenes with the flashbacks and the identity of the killer is twisted and even more mystery than ever. I do enjoy the episodes whether not much happens, but I watched it a while ago now so I've basically forgot what happened really, but I do remember J.D. dies, and I was quite glad, he was kind of getting on my nerves.
.
Episode 9 really picked up when they're looking for Madison while trapped in the hotel, and there was even more great acting, especially from Gina Holden's Shea. Beth goes missing and the rest try to look for her, while others try to get off the island, but decide not to because if they do then Madison will be killed. I'm glad Cal and Chloe are like the perfect couple, they are amazing. They find Beth, bless her, she is dead, and then at the very end, Shane finds Katherine freshly dead in the conservatory, just as Madison is saved and reveals that Abby's dad, the sheriff, is the one who kidnapped her.
.
Episode 10 was just amazing. Everyone thinks the sheriff is the killer, and that Abby might be Wakefield's daughter. I really love all these revelations, but there is a plot twist coming up. Later in the episode, Maggie, who I didn't really like, thinks she will be safe after the survivors take refuge in the town's local bar, and then she goes wandering off thinking the killer won't go after her, is she dense? Of course, she dies. And then the boat explosion which Jimmy was on, but for some reason, Wakefield brought Jimmy alive and nearly unharmed to them. That really made me suspect Jimmy though. At the end, Abby goes to see her father at the hotel, who reveals that Wakefield is not her dad, and that Wakefield is still alive, and is the killer. Unfortunatly, Abby sees her dad get killed and runs outside to see him hanging, just like her mother years before. And the cliffhanger is when Wakefield comes up behind Abby, and says "You look just like your mother."
.
Scary series but it is an amazing series, I have really grown to love it and I am so glad I decided to get into the show, I so recommend watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment