June 18, 2009

"Brothers & Sisters" Season Three Review


Well Brothers & Sisters isn't my favourite show, or in the top 5 I don't think. Mainly because Season 1 and 2 weren't as good as other shows. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the show, but it never had the oomph that would make it so special in my eyes. However, after catching up with Season 3, it has proved me wrong.
.
The pilot episode was quite dull, and it didn't draw me in, unlike other shows. But the season got better and better, and the seasons even got better. Season 2 was great, I loved it, I loved the twists and storylines of the season. Too bad that Writers Strike shortened it down.
.
Like Grey's Anatomy and One Tree Hill, I had to catch up with the latest season through the internet because I hadn't watched Season 3 from its premiere. But it gradually got so interesting and entertaining that I began to love the series even more. Season 3 was one of the best of the 2008-2009 seasons out of all my favourite shows, even most episodes were better than "Desperate Housewives", which is my favourite show, so it just shows that it can be just as amazing as the top shows in my eyes.
.
The middle and end of the season was what made the season the best. I loved the family arguments in public places as well as privately, their family bond makes the series watchable and entertaining. I was sad to see Julia go, but Tommy left her no choice I suppose, I think I'll miss Julia more than Tommy. Sarah is my favourite, she was really funny this season, and seeing her land on her feet after all she's been through is really admireable.
.
I recommend giving Brothers & Sisters a chance. I know a few people who turned the series off after the pilot episode, but honestly, the show has gotten so much better since then, and I'm sure I speak for most B&S fans that Season 3 was amazing, and worth buying on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment