July 16, 2009

Harper's Island 1x13- Sigh


Harper's Island is amazing. I cannot believe how amazing it was. I am so thankful that I actually watched the show because I loved it loads. It was one of the best shows of the 2008-2009 season. And this is a finale that doesn't disappoint.
.
What I love most about Harper's Island are the characters, how each had their own story, their own unique characteristics, and they manage to act extremely well. Tear-jerking finale? Definetly, when you remember all the people who have died, you can't help but realize that they didn't make it to the end. That is always sad in horror movies, and it is also an issue with this, it's just so emotional.
.
The whole series finale was fantastic. I loved the chases, the revelations, the survivors and the deceased. I was so looking forward to this and I was so thrilled that by the end of it I was not at all disappointed. I felt so sorry for Sully, he was ganged on by Wakefield and Henry and he had no way to escape, the whole island massacre was designed so no one would survive apart from Henry and Wakefield (who is double-crossed by Henry) and Abbey, and Jimmy.
.
Being in a situation like that would be heart-stopping, it really would be a scary atmosphere. Henry is obsessed with Abbey ever since they were kids and Henry would visit Abbey at home in Harper's Island. It makes me feel so sorry for Trish too, who loved Henry but was used all this time just so he could be with Abbey. Pretty demented, huh? Yup!
.
The very end, when the video of the wedding guests saying congratulations to Henry and Trish for marrying, was very sad because people who had died prior to the finale were in the video, well only some, but I was extremely glad that Cal and Chloe were in the video, because they were my favourite couple, and it was very emotional, and Trish was in it too, and then the very end with Henry, it makes you realize how crazy he really was, but it kind of makes me feel a little sorry for him too. They all seemed so happy.
.
So if you haven't watched the series yet, I think you would regret not seeing it, because it truly was a fantastic series overall, and I will definetly be rewatching on DVD when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment