August 02, 2009

"Dollhouse" Season One Review

Well I wasn't originally going to watch this series after reading some negative reviews and someone on MSN told me it wasn't worth watching, so I didn't watch it. But after a few months, just last week, I began to watch the series, mainly because I was bored and I had just finished watching Heroes Season 3 after catching up on that. I put on the first episode of the show after researching what it was about on Wikipedia and stuff, and I did enjoy and liked the pilot episode. It wasn't the best, but it had promise. And as I read from some reviews, that the series gets better as it goes along, that from episode 6 onwards is the best of the season, so I believed it, and remained watching the other episodes.
.
I definetly enjoyed the episodes that followed, episode 2, 3, 4 and 5 were all good, and I couldn't wait to watch episodes 6 onwards since they have been so positively viewed from other fans and critics. I found the series intriguing and compelling, it definetly caught my eye and it became one of my favourite seasons in the 2008-2009 season. Eliza Dushku is one of my favourite actresses, and she does an amazing job in the series as the main character Echo (formerly Caroline). The other characters are very likeable also, Sierra, Victor, Mellie, Topher, Dr. Claire Saunders, and even Adelle is likeable, even though she is a strict, bossy woman who runs the L.A. Dollhouse (there are more than one, scattered throughout the world).
.
I love the missions they go on (one of my personal favourites is when Sierra disguises herself as a chinese woman who works at a place where the identity of the Spy in the Dollhouse would be revealed, I found that scene fun when she had to go and make her way through the building). But the finale of season one became a favourite episode for me.
.
The finale was so amazing, the plot was fantastic, and the action in the episode is suspenseful and is definetly one of the best finales of 2009. What I loved most was when Alpha tried to destroy Echo's original memories as Caroline, but Echo has been implanted with her past mission alter-egos and made to be like Alpha, the villain. However, Echo pulls off some really cool fighting moves and saves her original memories. It had a very good cliffhanger, and I can't wait for Season 2 to begin.
.
Season 2 will begin on September 25, 2009 with 13 new episodes, starting with the first under the working title of "Vows". The DVD is already out in America, and the UK will enjoy the series when it comes to DVD on September 7, 2009.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment