August 02, 2009

"Heroes" Season Three Review

Heroes is a show I came to begin watching mid-last year. I didn't exactly fall in love with it or anything, it's just a show I like. Season One was very good, I enjoyed most storylines and there were some stand-out episodes, such as "Homecoming" and "How to Stop an Exploding Man". My favourite character was Claire, and even Nikki. I couldn't stand Mohinder, actually I still can't stand Mohinder, he is so useless and boring, they even tried to make him interesting in Season 3, but it didn't work, it just made him look desperate.
.
Sylar is a great villain, but I'm getting a bit bored of him now, I mean there are only a number of times you can defeat a villain once, but Sylar is like a bad boomerang, and I'm ready to throw that far, far away and hope it never comes back. Season 3 was a great season, possibly my favourite Heroes season so far. It was split into two volumes, "Villains" and "Fugitives".
.
I enjoyed the Villains volume more than Fugitives, but they were both entertaining nonetheless. I was glad to see Elle come back after a few episodes absense, and I loved the "Dying of the Light" episode, with the man who can control people as if they were puppets. The best part of the Volume was probably when Elle became closer to Sylar, only to get killed by him, bless her, I liked her. The finale of the volume was intense and very dramatic and action-packed.
.
I did enjoy Fugitives, I loved the plot how Nathan was capturing people with powers, including some of the Heroes, and taking them to a place against their will. The season was nicely set-up, and another favourite character of mine died, Daphne, it was a beautifully written and acted episode for sure, one of my all-time favourite Heroes episodes.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment