August 02, 2009

"90210" Season One Review

I had never seen the original Beverly Hills 90210 series, and so I thought I wouldn't enjoy the series. Turns out that you don't need to see the original series to love this spin-off show from it. All I knew from the original series was that Shannen Doherty (Brenda Walsh in original and spin-off series) was in it, and I love Shannen ever since I had seen Charmed where she played eldest sister witch Prudence Halliwell. It took a while before I got to watching this series, but nonetheless, I finally watched it.
.
The series may not be the best, but it has its own uniqueness, and deserves better ratings than it had been getting. I am still unsure on a favourite character, as all characters have their own quality, and the series got better as it got going. Jennie Garth was also in the original series as Kelly Taylor, and reprises her role in this series, becoming a more prominent character than Brenda Walsh, who I adore.
.
One of my favourite episodes is Off the Rails, beforehand Silver was getting out of hand and uncontrollable with her love for Dixon, and going a bit loop-de-loo, but Silver was so great. It was very dramatic and quite a turn for the series, which had seen parties and fun being more prominent before. The finale was also amazing, again one of the best finales of 2009, and I couldn't help but feel sorry for Annie when Naomi's sister planted her wrap in Naomi's room, and Naomi's sister slept with Naomi's boyfriend, Liam, leaving Annie's wrap in the room so Naomi immediately suspected Annie to have slept with Liam, and doesn't know that it wasn't her and it was in fact her own sister. Naomi confronts Annie in front of everyone in the party (Annie had been accused for selling out someone else's party at the Prom, and people turned on her for it, even though she didn't) and poor Annie had abuse shouted at her from people at the party as well as Naomi, and even some horrible boy throws water or punch in Annie's face which was completely out of order. Poor Annie broke down.
.
I can't wait to see Season 2, to see how Annie develops from a fun, loving young girl to a turned bullied student who will have nothing short of abuse coming her way from every student at school, it's so horrible to Annie, yet so compelling for the viewer.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment